I am sitting at the adult pool looking out on the ocean. A beautiful day and it feels like the entire resort was reserved just for me!
I have just realized that Elouise is to The Plaza as Kristin is to The Sanctuary Hotel. Yes, I am planning to live at the Sanctuary Hotel. If you have been to this hotel, you understand my desire to reside here full time. If you haven’t been, add this to you must visit hotels.
The photos I took as well as the ones on their web site don’t do this place justice as they cannot properly capture the elegance and tranquility.
I am going to keep this blog short because I have a lot on my “to do” list today.
So, what makes it amazing? Here are a few details that are not lost on me. They are signs of a good hotel.
- Arriving and being warmly greeted by the valet
- No line to check in
- Being address by name at all times
- Fresh Flowers in the lobby ( My mom always said fresh flowers in the lobby are a sign of a good hotel. Truer words were never spoken.)
- Spacious large rooms with a balcony and view of the ocean
- Spacious and large bathrooms (large shower)
- When you ask for directions someone personally escorts you to the location
- When you order wine or champagne (by the glass) they bring the bottle to the table and pour you a sip first to make sure you like it
- No line for the elevator
- A feeling that there are other guests at the hotel but it doesn’t feel crowded
- Tons of empty lounge chairs at the pool (so you don’t feel like you have to reserve on in advance for the day or feel panicked or stressed there won’t be anywhere to sit)
- Plush towels and lots of them
This hotel in particular has a beautiful lobby decorated in my favorite colors, sage green and yellow. It is spacious and bright. Everything is near by so it is a short walk from the room to the pool to the ocean to the spa. To me, a nice hotel is when you feel like the staff is always one step ahead of you and your every need is anticipated.
- Enormous and not crowded
- A menu of services that provides and opportunity to try something new
- Private changing areas
- Beautiful waiting areas
- Excellent magazine selection
- Plush towels
- Plush robes and shoes that fit
- Filled with everything you need but there is still a sign that says “If you need anything please contact the front desk.”
I am glad I waited to get a swim suit (or four) as the boutique here had a great selection and it is much better to shop for a suit when you are not in a rush. I also love when there is someone assisting you to provide a second opinion. The Tory Burch and Milly suits are timeless and classic and the Helen Jon is fresh and fun.
Here is what is important to a 10 year old:
Chess, golf, waterslides, ocean, bikes, basketball, paintball, chess, wifi to watch Dude Perfect, pools, chess (are you getting the point that I am raising the next Bobby Fisher?)
Here is what is important to a 13 year old :
wifi in which no password is required and a there is no device limit per room
I am having a great time and as per usual, I think I am being super funny but I am not sure if others agree…
Here is a typical text exchange between Thomas and me
Thomas: Where are you?
Me: At the adult pool
Thomas: I couldn’t find you
Me: Because I am so skinny
Thomas: Oh stop!
Here is a text exchange between my friend Beth and me
Beth: Hi Kristin! Are you watching the boys play three on three basketball or are you at the Sanctuary Bar?
Me: Is that a trick question?
Me: I’ll meet you at the bar