So by know you probably know I am obsessed with my girl, Jackie O. Can you imagine my excitement when I received a cookbook written by Marta Sgubin who knew Jackie personally? Seriously, 3 tiny degrees of separation between me and my idol.
Marta started out as a governess to Caroline and John and then her role changed to become a housekeeper and finally Jackie’s friend. Marta is a gifted cook so naturally her role included cooking for Jackie, whom she affectionately called “Madam”, and the family. The pictures in the book, Cooking for Madam are so intimate and personal and I cant wait to try some of the amazing recipes. First on my list, Summer Spaghetti Salad. It looks delicious!
Ever so elegant, Jackie.
Personal note from Marta to me on the front cover.
I am for sure going to put one of my Hampton Paper
cookbook labels in the front of this book!
So many books, so little time! I am in book heaven right now with all the new releases from some of my favorite authors! Here is what I am reading now….
- Mini Shopaholic – Sophie Kinsella
- The Island – Elin Hilderbrand
- Safe Haven – Nicholas Sparks
- Rescue -Anita Shreve
- Last Night at Chateau Marmont – Lauren Weisberger
Recenlty Read and Recommend:
- The Help – Kathryn Stockett
- Promises to Keep – Jane Green
- The Castaways – Elin Hilderbrand
- Testimony – Anita Shreve
All Time Favorites
- For a lot of laughs…. Briging Home Birkin – Michael Tonello
- Beautifully written and a peak inside the life of the Kennedy’s …What Remains – Carole Radziwill
What are you reading now? Do tell…..